Thursday, April 9, 2015

True Color and Career Research: Pediatrician



 
 

 

     My true color is blue. According to my results, I am someone that learns and understands complex principals, acting quickly and calmly in emergencies, communicative and compassionate and gain satisfaction from contributing to, and encouraging others, and being genuinely concerned for patient care. There were many varieties of occupations that matched my color but only 3 of them stood out, which was Acting, Medical Assistant and Pediatrician. Out of those 3, I only picked one and that career was pediatrician. A pediatrician is a medical doctor who manages the physical, behavioral, and mental health of children from birth until age 21. A pediatrician is trained to diagnose and treat a broad range of childhood illnesses from minor health problems to serious diseases. While doing research on my future career, I found out that the average salary for a pediatrician is $173,000-$175,000 a year. I have a long way to go in becoming a pediatrician. I need four years of college, four years of medical school and three years of general pediatric training in hospitals and other places (being an intern and resident). I picked pediatrician because I've always wanted to help people. I have seen many kids with health problems and I've seen the pain that they are in. Plus, I find the human body to be amazing and interesting. I am very adept at knowing how to deal with a situation or help someone and I know that being a pediatrician is the best career for me. The counselor who helped me was Kenneth Gaines. I asked him questions like, "There are so many careers that are interesting to me, and how do I know which one is the best for me?" He told me that I would just know what I want my career to be because it will be something that I'm very passionate about and I can feel it in my heart. There are many careers that I’m passionate about but I feel it in my heart that being a pediatrician is what I want to become. Kenneth made things very lucid, he showed me other classes that I can take and our conversations were very helpful. He is funny and a cool person to talk to. I would definitely recommend him to anyone that needs help. I did more research on my career and I saw some repugnant pictures of disease/bacteria that I would mostly likely come across during my lifetime. In the end it will be worth it because I know that I'm helping children that truly needs it.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment