Tuesday, May 12, 2015

my true color and my major

       After taking  my true color test on the eureka web page, I found out that  my true color is orange. An orange is a risk taker and has a really high energy. Is person that lives to the fullest and moves rapidly. Some of the careers that orange are qualified for were like set designer, radio or TV announcer, public speaker, police offer, paramedic, party planner and much more. I chose a police officer  for reason that they have a job in were the risk their lives to protect a strangers live.  A police officer really doesn't need much of  education other than high school diploma. But, if you want to be more adept as a police officer and have more than a somewhat education than you can take courses that can help you fulfill a higher education. I made an appointment  with counselor Kenneth Gain who help me with some of the courses that can help me reach a higher education like criminal justice, sociology, psychology and social worker and of curse all this classes are transferable to Cal state or a  university.  To become a police officer you must be train first in the academy for about 12 weeks or up to 1 year depends on the effort you put. you of curse a driver license and  minimum fitness. To know more about a police officer I interviewed officer Jen who works at El Camino Police department I asked her many question and she was kindly to answer them all.  All her answer were very honest and I can clear see that she loves her job even if its a preposterous job.  As I interview her I understood what it meant to be a police officer. As a police officer you don't get paid a lot , its not a very high paying job. I ask her what was one positive and negative thing been a police officer the positive thing that she said was meeting new people and see the crazy thing they do. the negative part was the grave yard hours that were really repugnant for her. Officer Jen really gave me an idea on how its like to be a police officer, and she also told me something that got stuck on my head ,"do I have what it takes to be a police officer " and I answer her with a yes.   Now that I know what it is and takes to  be a police officer I think am really to become one in the future. I just hope that family and friends are bolster about the choice am making to be police officer.             

No comments:

Post a Comment